You have completed your weight loss treatment plus fat reduction with Zeltiq CoolSculpting or High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU), and now you have a new, svelte figure to smile about. But what concerns you is the loose skin that you see from the weight loss, and you would like to firm them up. In addition to fat reduction, HIFU can also be used to firm and tighten sagging skin. It uses focused ultrasound energy to penetrate deep into our skin, going pass the epidermis and dermis layer to heat up our body’s superficial muscular aponeurotic system (SMAS), which is a layer of muscles and connective tissue that is rich in collagen. When this soft tissue is warmed up, collagen is produced thus firming up loose, saggy skin.
This treatment is very precise as it penetrates the skin at depths of 4.5mm, 3.0mm, and 1.5mm to induce collagen production. This is a no downtime, non-surgical treatment as the ultrasound energy does not affect or disrupt the surface of the skin. It is a very precise treatment, which can be used to firm and tighten the following areas:
Ultraformer lll can be used in:
Ultraformer lll uses High Intensity Focused Ultrasound energy to target 3 different layers of the skin.
- Superficial Musculoaponeurotic System (SMAS) 4.5mm deep
This is the same layer of tissue that the plastic surgeons will pull tight in a face lift. The HIFU energy will heat up and stimulate collagen and elastin production, thereby tightening the underlying skin. This causes an immediate skin lift.
The skin continues to improve over the next 2-3 months due to continuing collagen formation.
- Lower Dermis (3 mm deep) just above the SMAS layer
HIFU will promote regeneration of collagen and elastin to improve wrinkles and give a lifting effect.
- Upper Dermis (1.5 mm deep)
The generation of collagen and elastin at this layer will improve fine wrinkles and tighten skin pores. Uneven skin tone and texture will also improve.
Ultraformer lll therapy can be used on different parts of the body (Forehead, Upper and lower face, neck). It is used to treat the following problems:
- Forehead wrinkles
- Drooping eyebrows (Eyebrows lift)
- Crow’s feet (fine lines around the eyes)
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines)
- Skin laxity
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Blurred jaw lines (V shaping of face)
- Double chin
- Large pores
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Neck lines
Advantages of Ultraformer lll HIFU Therapy
- Immediate visible effect just after one treatment.
- Long lasting between 12 months to 18 months for face (results vary for individuals).
- No down time.
- Relatively painless. Most patients can tolerate the slight pain easily. However local anaesthetic cream can be used to make the treatment more comfortable.
Are there any side effects?
Ultraformer lll HIFU Therapy is very safe. Some patients may feel the following side effects but they usually disappear within 1-2 hours.
- Mild Pain
- Mild Swelling
Disclaimer: Results may vary according to individuals