The traditional way of augmenting the breasts have been through implants eg silicone or saline. For patients who want many cup size improvements, this can be one solution although it has many disadvantages:
• It can give an un-natural look or feel
• There is a definite surgical scar either in the armpit or around the nipplesThere is a definite surgical scar either in the armpit or around the nipples
• Long down-time and post-operation recovery, taking you away from work, family or leisure activities
• Possible post-surgical complications eg capsulitis (implant hardening) or silicone leakage with trauma
Fat transfer to the breast can benefit many groups of patients:
• Those with saggy breasts with volume loss after pregnancy
• Those who have always been “size-challenged”
• Those with already some assets but who would like to maximize them to “cover-girl” looks
Fat transfer to breasts has many advantages over implants:
• It is natural and feels good. There is no risk of hardening (capsulitis) compared with implants.
• No risk of leakage of implant contents (eg silicone)
• No need for incision, only injections with blunt needles to transplant the fat.
In some cases, there are some ladies who do not have sufficient fat for their desired size increase or who only want Breast augmentation without another procedure (Fat extraction and harvesting).
Dr Chio uses a CE-approved (European) filler which is safe and has a natural feel. The filler is injected using small needles under the breast, thus not leaving any surgical scars.
Other advantages are detailed below:
• Minimally invasive with minimal discomfort! Can be a true “lunch-time” procedure though patients generally take the afternoon off! For additional comfort, light intravenous sedation is normally provided.
• The CE-approved filler is long-lasting (3-5 years) and unlike an implant which is in a bag (capsule), can be shaped to an aesthetic shape and feel.
• The material is injected behind the breasts and therefore does not affect the anatomy or cellular structure of the breast tissue.